Collegian: News

All the news that's fit to blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

"I'm actually starting to go crazy."

As I walked toward the HUB today, I heard a sound that reminded me of a hybrid between Ginuwine’s “Pony” and the voice of someone who’d just sucked the air out of a few dozen helium balloons.

The words “Vote Gavin, Gavin, Gavin” burst from a small speaker system. I had to admit, the rap was incredibly catchy (it’s been in my head ever since).

A group of about five guys in yellow T-shirts were eager to hand me a yellow flier endorsing Gavin Keirans and Mike Wallace.

Patrick Byrne (freshman-biology) said he’d been up since 6 this morning campaigning for Keirans.

He admitted that the tune was getting on his nerves.

“I’m actually starting to go crazy,” he said with a laugh.


--Rossilynne
Posted at 2:10 p.m.