Collegian: News

All the news that's fit to blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Last chance

I've talked to a few seniors at the HUB, and they all have different thoughts about today's UPUA election.

David Paige (senior-electrical engineering) said he hasn't voted yet and he's not sure if he will.

"I'm graduating, so it's not going to affect me," he said, adding that he hasn't been following the race. Paige said he's never found the elections to have a significant impact on his life at Penn State.

"I've never known a decision UPUA's made thats affected something that I've had to do," he said. "I don't know if they're involved or not, they're just not visible.

Another senior, Jeff Attimy, echoed Paige's thoughts.

"I'm not going to be here to benefit," he said. "They should include freshman, sophomores and juniors more because they're going to be here a lot longer."

At least one senior I talked to said she'll vote.

"It's not going to affect me because I'm graduating next month, but I'm still going to vote anyway," Ariel Hunt said. "It'll show support for the upcoming upperclassmen."

- Bill